MNDoT has issued a list of the top 10 2009 road projects which may cause delays. They are:
Coon Rapids – Highway 10 between Egret Boulevard and Hanson Boulevard
Minneapolis to Burnsville – I-35W and Highway 62 Crosstown Commons
St. Paul, Roseville and Lauderdale – Highway 280, Larpenteur Avenue bridge
Woodbury – I-494 between Lake Road and I-94
St. Cloud – Highway 23 between Washington Memorial Drive and Fourth Avenue
Central Minnesota – I-94 between Clearwater and Monticello
Otter Tail County – I-94 between Highway 59 and the Grant County line
Southeast Minnesota – I-90 between Albert Lea and the Wisconsin border
Southeast Minnesota – I-35 in Steele County and Rice County
Nobles County – I-90 between Worthington and Adrian
With all of these construction projects there will be MnDOT workers out on the roads. During this time, driving will require patience and slow downs.
Also keep in mind that work zones come with double fines.
Other safety tips include:
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts – merge when directed to do so.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Don’t speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Be patient!
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.