Earlier in the year, I blogged about the upcoming construction to Highway 169 through St. Peter. That construction has now entered its final stage. That stage is right through downtown St. Peter. Detours and major construction will begin July 6, with most of the project slated for completion in November. The work will include installation of raised medians, pedestrian bump-outs, landscaping and utility replacement. While all of the businesses are very concerned about reduced access in these tough economic times, hopefully they will be supported by the community.
With all construction projects it is important to keep in mind these safety tips :
All fines are doubled in work zones and those are real people standing out there in the orange vests. So most of all SLOW DOWN.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts – merge when directed to do so.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Don’t speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Be patient!
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.