Spend a second and put peanut butter into the search function here at the Injuryboard. It’s amazing the number of recalls and resulting blogs about the growing problem. It scary to see how a topic that started as just a "limited commercial distribution" has grown to so many foods. This weekend saw more.
Supreme Protein, Inc. is updating its announcement that it is voluntarily recalling the Supreme Protein® brand Peanut Butter Crunch Bars and Caramel Nut Bars. These include:
- Supreme Protein® brand Peanut Butter Crunch Bars (20, 431 and 86 gram sizes)
- Supreme Protein® brand Caramel Nut Bars (20, 50* and 96 gram sizes)
- Supreme Protein® brand Caramel Nut (Energy) Bars
Supreme Protein, Inc. can be contacted at www.supremeprotein.com
Kellogg Company is voluntary recalling two varieties of ShopRite brand peanut butter sandwich crackers. These include:
- ShopRite Peanut Butter on Toasty Crackers, all sizes;
- ShopRite Peanut Butter and Cheese Cracker Snacks, all sizes.
Kellogg Company can be contacted at 877-869-5633.
Amway Global is initiated a voluntary recall on three of its NUTRILITE® energy bars:
- Vanilla Pretzel Energy Bar, SKU/UPC 10-6529; lot numbers 8219A, 8242A, 8276A and 8304A
- Peanut Butter Energy Bar, SKU/UPC 10-6530; lot numbers 8294A and 8340A
- Chocolate Nut Roll Energy Bar, SKU/UPC 10-6528; lots numbers 8287A, 8357A and 8246A
- Product Intro Kit, SKU/UPC E9745; lot numbers 8275BPS1, 8275BPS2, 8275BPS3, 8275MSN1, 8275MSN2 and 8275MSN3
Amway Global Customer Support may be contacted at: 800-253-6500 or at Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Little Rock-based Brent and Sam’s announced a voluntary recall of Walmart sold Sam’s Choice Cookies: Brand Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, codes: A517Jan09, A5Jan242009 and Target sold Archer Farms Brand Milk Chocolate Monster Chewy Soft Baked Cookies and Archer Farms Brand Double peanut Butter Chewy Soft Baked Cookies.
Wal Mart Customer Relations can be contacted at 1-800-925-6278. Target Guest Relations at 1-800-316-6151.
The problem is FDA testing is finding Salmonella in these products. Most people infected with Salmonella develop the symptoms 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most people recover with treatment. However, in some persons, the diarrhea may be so severe that the patient needs to be hospitalized. It can be deadly to infants, the elderly and those that are sick all ready. For more information on Salmonella bacteria, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Website at http://www.cdc.gov.
If you or a family member is injured by a product, you need to get immediate medical care. If there is a significant affect or injury, you should contact an attorney concerning the problem. Early investigation can include the collection of product, checking recall alerts, and the proper notifying of those who caused the problem.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.