On Friday, October 29, a chlorine gas leak in a pool injured 2 students. A power failure caused chlorine vapors to spread from the pool area throughout the school. The Hopkins Hazardous Materials Team and other emergency personnel responded to the situation.
The St. Louis Park Senior High School is closed to students in Grades 9-12 today
From the school Website:
A failed generator caused the ventilation system to not work properly and emergency personnel were called to the school to address concerns about chlorine vapors in the pool area. Two students were taken to a nearly hospital for observation and later released. Other students were sheltered in place until they were picked-up by parents
Gas exposure can damage the eyes, skin, throat or lungs. If it should happen to you or your family immediate medical attention should be sought.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.