From time to time, we get called concerning children who have been injured by falling furniture. Parents need to always be vigilant. Especially, if very small children are around.
• Put TVs on stands that are low to the ground. Consider attaching them to the wall with safety straps or even Velcro.
• Avoid putting tempting items, such as toys, on top of furniture. Kids might try to climb up to retrieve them.
• When buying new furniture, select pieces with wide legs or solid bases.
• Install drawer stops that prevent drawers from pulling all the way out and falling on little toes.
• Put heavy items on shelves lower to the ground to prevent tipping.
Each parent or adult who has children around should review this list and make sure each child is safe.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.