There is no doubt that Tom Young, Jon Lewis, and Noble McIntyre, , will be cheering on their local teams in the bowls this year. Sure Tom will have a little bit more at stake with the National Championship, but my bet is that the others will be just as into their teams.
It was my look to local bowls that I ran upon a great announcement from the Newton, Iowa Police Department. They are reminding local fans to cheer on their teams and take in the gridiron greatness responsibly.
the announcement came with great pointers:
• Make the right play. When you’ve been drinking, toss the keys and catch a safe and sober ride. Remember: Fans Don’t Let Fans Drive Drunk.
• Make sure your college bowl party doesn’t end with a crash: Choose a designated driver before the game begins. Support that person in their choice to stay sober.
• Take a cab or public transportation to and from your bowl party.
• Watch the big game at home. Then travel isn’t necessary.
• When in doubt, toss the keys out.
• Sleep it off, if you’ve had too much to drink. Time is on your side.
• When you see a friend or fan that has had too much to drink, do whatever it takes to stop them from driving drunk.
• If you suspect another fan is operating under the influence of alcohol, do the right thing and call 911. You could be saving someone’s life.
When you and your friends arrive home safely from the big game, everyone wins.
It is nice to see the Gophers with another year in a bowl! Although this year was almost better.
As for me on the National Championship ? I don’t care as much as usual, but this year I am cheering for Auburn!