The Legal Examiner Affiliate Network The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner The Legal Examiner search feed instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content
| Bradshaw & Bryant PLLC

It’s a question that personal injury lawyers get from time to time. Because of a recent law change that fellow Injuryboard member covered recently with:

Medicare’s Harsh Collection Practices Hurt Elderly Personal Injury Survivors?, Claude Wyle , October 23, 2009 3:19 PM

It scares the heck out of people to suddenly get a letter that looks like a bill. They usually rush into the office with the letter in hand. Why Medicare sees the need to do this is beyond me. Especially, when they are on notice that the person is represented and all of the paper work has been returned. In fact, the original notice for claim mostly likely came from the attorney’s office.

These are not bills. They are subrogation interests, that are only owed if money is received from the at fault party. Now don’t misunderstand that these are governmental interests that must be dealt with. It’s one of the many different ways that an experienced lawyer can prove their value to you in your case.

So if you get this letter, get a hold of your lawyer and make sure it’s being dealt with. As long as it is, sit back and keep working on getting better.

Comments are closed.