It's an early Fishing Opener tomorrow. It's time to remember to be safe out on the water. I have a couple of times looked at the issues with the increase in drinking while boating charges. Hopefully, we won't see another year of increased numbers.
Some ideas to keep in mind:
- Children in Minnesota 10 and under have to wear a life jacket at all times. And federal law for federal waters it's 12 and under.
- Make sure everything is in working order before you go out to far.
- The captain is responsible for the crew and cannot be over the legal limit.
- Always check the weather
- Do not drive your boat at excessive or unsafe speed.
- Make sure to be aware of other boats on the water, but don't forget about water skiers, tubers, jet skiers, and wave runners.
Hopefully, it's a fun and happy day for everyone.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.