- Assorted chocolates in 5 ounce (Product 121), 8 ounce (Product 122), 12 ounce (Product 123) and 26 ounce (Product 124) boxes [Note the sugar free assorted chocolates are not affected, and are not part of the recall]
- Hoosiers in 5 ounce (Product 010, UPC# 4482300011) and 3.5 ounce (Product o11, UPC# 4482300010)
- Valentine Heart, 14 ounces (Product 1020)
The following products are also under recall and are sold to retail stores in bulk for sales of smaller quantities to their customers:
- 4.5lb Peanut Butter Fudge, Product 228
- 4 lb. Hoosiers, Product 410
- 5 lb. Peanut Butter Meltaway, Milk Chocolate, Product 204
- 5 lb. Peanut Butter Meltaways-Dark Chocolate, Product 204D
- 4.5lb Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge, Product 229
Consumers who have purchased the recalled products are urged to return it to the store of purchase, or to destroy the product. Consumers with questions may contact The South Bend Chocolate Company at 574-233-2577.
The problem is FDA testing is finding Salmonella in these products. Most people infected with Salmonella develop the symptoms 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most people recover with treatment. However, in some persons, the diarrhea may be so severe that the patient needs to be hospitalized. It can be deadly to infants, the elderly and those that are sick all ready. For more information on Salmonella bacteria, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Website at http://www.cdc.gov.
If you or a family member is injured by a product, you need to get immediate medical care. If there is a significant affect or injury, you should contact an attorney concerning the problem. Early investigation can include the collection of product, checking recall alerts, and the proper notifying of those who caused the problem.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.