08202017Headline:

St. Cloud, Minnesota

HomeMinnesotaSt. Cloud

Email Mike Bryant Mike Bryant on LinkedIn Mike Bryant on Twitter Mike Bryant on Facebook Mike Bryant on Avvo
Mike Bryant
Mike Bryant
Attorney • (800) 770-7008

LEGO Recalls Remote Controls

2 comments

In mid July, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and LEGO, Systems Inc., of Enfield, Conn. recalled 1,600 Power Functions IR Remote Controls. The batteries in the remote controls can overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

This recall involves Power Functions IR Speed remote controls sold separately and as a part of the Emerald Night Train kit (Item K10194) and Power Functions kit (Item K8882). The gray plastic remote controls have two large orange dials and the word LEGO printed on the front. The product was sold LEGO catalogs and online at LEGO.com from April 2009 through May 2009 for about $13. The remote controls were made in China.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled remote controls, and contact LEGO Systems Inc. to determine if their unit needs to be replaced. Consumers with defective remote controls will receive a replacement product. LEGO Systems Inc. is directly contacting consumers who purchased this product.. They can be contacted at (800) 718-1858 or by visiting their Web site at www.LEGO.com

If you or a family member is injured by a product, you need to get immediate medical care. If there is a significant affect or injury, you should contact an attorney concerning the problem. Early investigation can include the collection of product, checking recall alerts, and the proper notifying of those who caused the problem.

2 Comments

Have an opinion about this post? Please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader.

  1. Daniel 8791 says:
    up arrow

    A battery burn on a kid would be a heck of a lot more harmful and painful than a match or lighter burn, in my opinion. Thanks for the recall update.

  2. Mike Bryant says:
    up arrow

    It could be, especially if it was a chemical burn. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.